Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby Shower


Our baby shower was in Yakima, WA on March 29th.  My mom was the host and she did such a good job.  The decorations were so pink and girly I loved it :) It was so nice seeing friends and family and sharing our excitement together for the arrival of our little girl.


We played a couple games at the shower.  The first one was that each person got a flower hair clip.  Throughout the shower if you heard somebody say the word "baby" you got to take their clip.  The person at the end of the night with the most clips won. 
The second one was called "How well do you know Mommy to be".  I filled out a form with what traits I want our baby to have from Thomas or myself and the guests had to guess which traits I picked.
The other game was baby shower BINGO.  Each guest filled out a BINGO card with gifts they thought I would recieve and if I got that gift they could cross it out. 
My SIL Angie won the "How well do you know mommy to be" game and my SIL Wendy won the bingo game :)
I couldn't believe how many gifts there were to open.  I was getting a little hot and flustered opening all of those gifts in front of so many people.  Luckily I had my neices to help me out :) Lexi especially loved helping open all of the presents.
Thomas did a great job packing the car up when it was time to head back to Boise.  We were worried everything wouldn't fit but it did (barely).
At this point we are now about 4 weeks away from little Brooklyn's arrival and I think we have everything we need.  Once I hit 37 weeks, which is considered full-term, I'm giving her the go ahead to come :)

4 comments:

  1. I love that you were getting hot and flustered opening the gifts. I was the same way at my baby shower for Graham. I was sweating and all red in all the pictures. It's hard to be so on the spot and pregnant. I love the decorations and everything it looks like it was so much fun!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a haul girl, how exciting for you both!
    I wish you guys were back here, our preschool will be looking for a new Sped teacher for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun! Wish I could have been there. Looks like you're ready to have a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is one stuffed car!!! Looks like a great shower! Hope you got everything you needed (okay, and wanted, too!).

    ReplyDelete