Thursday, February 4, 2016

Kika to MTC

Winter 2007 I taught Kika (Francisca) and her brother and sister on my mission.  Her grandparents had been inactive from the LDS church for years and had recently gotten custody of Kika and her siblings and decided they needed to come back to church.
I remember being at the church on a mutual night and in walks Kika with her grandparents who were looking for the missionaries. Man did we love teaching that family!
They were baptized January 2008.
Fast forward to January 2016 and I got to drop Kika off at the Missionary Training Center in Provo!! She is serving in the Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez mission (border of Guatemala).  I'm so happy for the peace the gospel has brought this girl.  She has had a TOUGH life and she has really clung to the gospel to get her through.
Kika spent the night with us the night before she entered the MTC and I got to give her my best missionary advice. Her and I were able to go through the Provo City Center Temple open house together the day before.


The dropping off experience was different from when I went. We pulled up behind a long line of cars into the parking lot and when we got to the front were helped to unload her luggage, took some pics, hugged, and said goodbye.
Til we meet again Hermana Rabadan!



No comments:

Post a Comment