Thursday, May 14, 2015

Race to Robie Creek

The Race to Robie Creek is touted as "the toughest race in the Northwest".  It has a reputation around the area and if any other runner finds out you run they will inevitably ask you if you have run Robie.  Well before moving from Boise and since it is a Team Beef sponsored race, Thomas suggested we tackle it.  This was Thomas' first half and it was sooooo nice to have him as a training partner.  We would do our long runs on Wednesday's and his mom would watch Brooklyn for us.  Usually on Friday or Saturday we would go to a park and one of us would play with Brooklyn while the other did a speed workout and then we'd switch.
All of our runs were done in the foothills to prepare for the 2,000 ft elevation gain in the first 8 miles of the race.  We were really prepared physically and went into the race feeling great.
Unfortunately I struggled from the first quarter mile with side aches and pains.  Something I can usually breathe through or just walk for a minute to get under control.  That wasn't the case this time.  I was kind of bummed because I knew I could run a certain pace but that day wasn't my day.  We had run 12 miles of the course a couple weeks before and it went awesome and was confidence boosting.  I wish I would have felt that good on race day.  I ended up feeling great besides the side ache though.  My time was slow but I loved the race.  Awesome race support even though you are out in the hills.  The finish party was great with good food and live Basque music.  The best part was hanging with Joslyn and her hubby and Thomas and our friend Maria (from Stroller Strides).
I love having a husband who is active with me and that we share interests like running.  Thomas' goal was to be in the top 10% and he accomplished his goal.  So proud of him!  photo IMG_7914_zps3xi9xbrd.jpg Love this strangers photobomb.  photo IMG_7909_zpsut3j0jzc.jpg  photo thomas2_zpsohwhqvgp.jpg  photo thomas3_zpsf20zrwxa.jpg  photo lindsey5_zpsxnabgoox.jpg  photo lindsey4_zpseux4f5cz.jpg  photo thomas_zpsbukrj3fv.jpg  photo lindsey_zpsujzoibow.jpg  photo 11149445_10204190486704928_5137099804387991832_n_zps9ods8bie.jpg  photo lindsey3_zps8rvrjuct.jpg  photo lindsey2_zps094lf0vv.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment