Sunday, November 3, 2013

Art in the Park 2013

Another September event that occurs yearly here in Boise is Art in the Park.  There are hundreds of vendors with handmade goods, fair food, and local entertainment.
It was a last minute decision to go for Brooklyn and I.  It was a Friday, late afternoon, when I decided to take Brooklyn for a run in the jogging stroller.  On our greenbelt route I realized we were heading in the direction of Art in the Park and I could just run there and we could check it out.
We took a look at some of the goods that were offered and I was very impressed.  There was one booth selling wood toys that this man carved as a hobby, beautiful hand made jewelery, and a booth with handmade hairbows, just to name a few of my favorites.
We then settled in front of the main stage and caught the tail end of a group singing in yiddish accompanied by some belly dancers.  Then a latino group started singing that Brooklyn and I both LOVED!! We stayed for their whole hour and a half performance and were up in front both dancing away.
Dancing with a baby is one of my favorite things ever.  Kids are so uninhibited and just move their body however feels good to them no matter how it looks.  I am not a good dancer and when I get self conscious it makes my movements even more awkward.  But this particular night there were so many kids dancing with their moms and all types of people just feeling the music and dancing, that I just let myself enjoy the special moment dancing with my girl without feeling any embarrassment as to who saw.


 photo IMG_0886_zpsf560e1b3.jpg
Brooklyn in the bottom right corner.  Enjoying the Yiddish singer and belly dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment