Monday, July 2, 2012

Trip to SLC

Lance, Donna, and Aiden came to Yakima and they and my mom picked me up in Boise to drive down to Salt Lake City together to visit my Grandma who is serving a mission in the Family History Center.

Aiden loved Brooklyn and called her "baby bee-coo"


Lots of good chatting with Grandma about her mission.




In the Joseph Smith Memorial Building there is the Family Search Center and they had a little set up that looks like a dock in NYC where immigrants came into.  We got a nice four generation picture. 

My Mom, Brooklyn and I hit up City Creek Mall to get an outfit for me for Brooklyn's baby blessing.  The mall is uncovered when it is nice weather and then has a retractable roof that can cover it when it's bad weather.

My Grandma's apartment is just a block away from temple square, the conference center, and the mall.
Standing in front of the conference center.
Salt Lake Temple

I was nervous about traveling with Brooklyn, especially without Thomas but she did pretty well.  The way down to SLC there weren't any issues and the way back she just had one breakdown.  Lance, Donna, and my mom were all very patient and understanding when she cried so that helped alleviate the stress. Aiden was really funny and at one point was imitating Brooklyn's cry. 
I love my grandma and was so happy to visit with her.  We hope to make it down again while she is serving her mission and bring Thomas next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment