Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July

The day started a little late because of a long night/morning with the baby.  I hadn't gotten Brooklyn a 4th of July outfit so I left her with Thomas while I headed to the mall to search out an outfit.  I got two since I wasn't sure that the first one would fit.  Tomorrow I am going to head back and return the second one and try to find one for next year so I am prepared and get a good deal on it.

We had a Cajun/french inspired lunch for 4th of July prepared by my mom and Lance and Donna.
I stopped by my Grandpa's to pick him up and found a scrapbook of my Grandma's with pictures of me at Brooklyn's age.  I definitely can see the resemblance now.
My mom and I went running 3 miles and then did some upper body.  I have officially started training for a half marathon in September.  The training schedule is a lighter one than normal to ease myself back into running.
In the evening we headed to Thomas' parents and picked up his neices Katie and Savannah and then headed to Toppenish which is the Indian Reservation to watch the fireworks show.  Great show and plus there are SO many people lighting off fireworks that you get even more of a show.  I was worried about Brooklyn because she screamed the whole way there but she did just great outside watching the fireworks and being cuddled in our arms. 


I loved Savannah's comments during the fireworks "Sparkles! Fairy dust!" So girly I love it.  We stopped at the gas station afterwards and got the girls each a candy and drink.  It was really fun having little girls around and made fireworks so much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment