Tuesday, May 15, 2012

39 weeks

39 weeks and still pretty much effaced and dilated the same as I was two weeks ago :( .  I can just tell this little girl is comfy inside my uterus.  She just loves to stretch her little legs in my right ribs and then when Thomas and I rub her little feet she tucks them back in.  It's pretty funny, like a little "come and get me" game.  I have an appointment on the 22nd (my due date) and if she hasn't made her appearance by then my doctor plans on scheduling an induction for the 29th. 
I'm glad to have jobs set up for the past few days with classes that I have subbed for before.  Today and yesterday it was kindergarten.  The kids were doing and "All About Me" book and in one page they are supposed to trace their hand and color it.  Their teacher likes them to use more than one color and so when one boy showed me his that was just all one color I suggested he maybe outline the hand with black crayon.  He insisted "No! My hand brown! See! (pointing to his skin) My skin brown!"
I also pretty much lost a kid for a whole half hour and didn't realize it.  Scary! I picked the students up from P.E. at 2:45pm and one of the kids had been put in timeout for misbehaving so the P.E. teacher was talking with him as I was taking the rest of the kids back to class across the hall and I figured he would just follow.  Well apparently he just went straight to his brother's third grade classroom and hid in there for the last 30 minutes of the day! The third grade teacher called about 5 minutes before the bell rang to let me know he was there.  The sad thing was I hadn't even noticed he was gone! Oops! Good thing I'm "retiring" from substituting in the next week or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment