Friday, February 4, 2011

Workouts and School

I am very proud of myself this week.  My goal to workout an hour every morning was a success.  Thursday and Friday morning were tough but I found something to tell myself that helps me get my booty moving.  I just say "I may not want to wake up but I DO want to workout".  And after about 5 minutes of working out I am so happy that I made the decision to do so.  I got an extra workout in this week too by going to Zumba with my friend Kelsey.  I had actually totally forgotten we had planned on going Wednesday night till she texted to ask when she should pick me up.  I was very happy to get to have an added workout and Thomas was working that night anyways so it saved me from being home alone most of the night.  It's really amazing how much happier I am and how much more energy I have when I workout in the morning rather than sleeping in the extra hour. 
I'm starting to feel more comfortable planning math lessons for my 6th graders.  I don't have to spend hours on the lessons anymore now it's just like an hour or so.  I try to plan all of my lessons the weekend before so that they are ready to go and I don't have to stress about them along with other homework during the week. I just looked at the list for when my proffesor would be observing me again and it wasn't until March.  There were openings in February though so I switched it so I can just get it over with.  I'm very lucky to have a lot of my assignments in different classes overlap so that I have less work to do.  For example in my Social Studies Methods class we have to create a unit, and fortunately I am teaching a unit in my practicum class.  As part of this unit I naturally will need a test and this will fulfill a requirement for my Assessments class. 
Next weekend we will be headed to Boise so I can take my spanish praxis exam to get certified to teach spanish!
Today there was a pre-placement student teaching meeting! It's all becoming real to me.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for you to come! You are so organized, i love it!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Kinect party would be a blast! Too bad we aren't closer to one another!

    ReplyDelete