Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day Weekend

I needed this long weekend.  Friday while Thomas was at work till 8pm I bunkered down at home and got lots and lots of homework done.  I have my final evaluation of my teaching from my Senior Practicum professor tomorrow morning. So this whole weekend I've been having nightmares about that :) I don't know why cause my last one went well. This weekend I've had a sore throat that is progressively getting worse so I'm just hoping I still have my voice tomorrow morning.  But anywho, I feel good about my lesson preparation so I feel good about it, although a little nervous too.
After Thomas got home from work on Friday we headed over to Bea and Ivan's to play some Wii Mario Kart and wait for the arrival of my mom from Washington.  Saturday, Thomas had to work so I went to with my mom, sister, bro-in-law, and nephew to Idaho Falls for a little shopping. While my mom went to Old Navy I headed over to Barnes and Noble to read Kardashian Konfidential.

 I think I got through half the book in an hour.  Really fun, quick read. Thomas met me at Barnes and Noble and we headed over to Famous Daves for dinner.  We got the family meal which was so yummy! There were ribs, brisket, steak fries, potatoe salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, and cornbread.  I love ribs sooooooooooo much! The meal was huge and fed us five adults plus my nephew and we had leftovers. 

Sunday, Thomas and I taught Sunday School on the miracles of Jesus.  Sometimes I get a little tired of teaching cause it's what I do all week and I kind of want a break from it on Sunday but after the lesson I'm always glad we had the chance to study it a little more in depth.  After church we put veggies and a roast in the crock pot and relaxed for a bit till the fam came over.  We played guitar hero for hours and had lots of fun :)


You are witnessing a miracle.  Thomas has always refused to sing and he finally did! To like three songs!

Alex's favorite was the drums.

The Pascual Family rocking it out.  They Rock!
Monday, we slept in and lounged around.  Thomas made me breakfast of whole wheat waffles topped with fruit and an omelet.  Then we headed over to Bea's to play more Wii (Deal or No Deal).  I was feeling even more sick so ended up passing out on the couch while everyone else played.  Then we went home and took an hour nap or so. 
Good long weekend. Ready to take on the week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your long weekend!I love going to the bookstore and reading mindless things- I finished all three of chelsea handler's books in a week at Border's last summer lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad someone else is intrigued by the Kardashians besides myself!

    ReplyDelete