Sunday, January 18, 2015

Christmas 2014

I was worried that this year I would be depressed because we wouldn't be in Texas for our big family Christmas like last year.  I was relieved to find that there was excitement and joy in spending Christmas at home this year.
Christmas Eve we hung out around home and Thomas did some last minute shopping.  That evening we went to Thomas' parents and went to see another Christmas light show synchronized to music. That night it started snowing! Just in time to give us a white Christmas.  photo IMG_6352_zpsee201740.jpg  photo IMG_6358_zpsb2743da2.jpg We woke up Christmas morning and took our traditional video of Brooklyn coming out to see the presents Santa brought.  She immediately was drawn to the puppy dog that sat unwrapped under the tree. The puppy makes doggy noises and has a leash that you can use to make it walk.  She kept saying "My puppy! My puppy!" and for the next few days it did everything with her including take a nap next to her bed with its own pillow and blanket.  photo IMG_6361_zpsfcc24d20.jpg  photo IMG_6365_zps9705845f.jpg  photo IMG_6369_zps5b9302bc.jpg  photo IMG_6372_zpsd8a65513.jpg  photo IMG_6376_zps3e7512f6.jpg Stamps and water paints.  photo IMG_6381_zpsda8d539a.jpg  photo IMG_6386_zps515cb13b.jpg
Brooklyn got a lot of games this year and after she opened each one she wanted to play.  Thomas and I are relieved to have some new things to play with too.  New games include Hungry Hungry Hippos, a fishing game, The Cat in the Hat I Can Do That, and a matching game made by Grandma Sandee.  photo IMG_6387_zps02e7fe8b.jpg  photo IMG_6395_zpsff52b504.jpg Thomas and I decided to forgo getting each other gifts besides stocking stuffers and bought ourselves a Blendtec blender.  We LOVE it!!! Our smoothies are Jamba Juice quality now.
Christmas Eve night I had prepared two dishes that I could just pop in the oven Christmas morning and they included a sausage crescent egg bake and a cinnamon roll dish.  These will I think be our go to Christmas morning dishes because of they are so easy and delicious.
After presents and breakfast we headed over to my in-laws for more presents and a fancy lunch.  Thomas had to work at 3pm so we headed home after lunch so that Brooklyn could nap and Thomas went to work.  photo IMG_6399_zpsb7fe3460.jpg  photo IMG_6401_zps38f5bc52.jpg  photo IMG_6412_zps53dcb3c7.jpg  photo IMG_6417_zps6f142a5e.jpg  photo IMG_6427_zpsc06a378b.jpg
Thomas' sister Kristin is in town with two of her boys one of which (James) is getting married in the next week here in Boise so his fiance was also celebrating with us.
I love how the holidays really do bring us together as families.
(Thomas bought me flowers on Christmas Eve. ) photo IMG_6430_zps211071c2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment