Thursday, October 31, 2013

Barber to Boise 5K

 photo IMG_20131005_104608_zpsc9506d85.jpg
At the start/finish line area.
The Barber to Boise 5K was a new to us race.  We started outside Bronco Stadium and did a loop along the greenbelt that brought us back to the stadium to finish.
We were really excited for the pancake breakfast afterwards and it was awesome because they gave you two HUGE pancakes.  Unfortunately I could only eat a couple bites, after running really hard it takes me a couple hours to get my appetite back.  And I had raced hard and gotten another post baby PR! Thomas and I also got first place in our age divisions and one mugs and backpacks. Another cool perk of this race is that afterwards you get to go play on the blue turf at Bronco Stadium.
We were planning on bringing Brooklyn with us but the night before we were at an outdoor jazz concert for one of Thomas' classes and really suddenly she got super clingy to me and just fell asleep in my arms.  This NEVER happens.  I enjoyed the snuggle time but was worried and when we got home we took her temperature and it was 103 degrees.  Thomas called his mom to see if she would come in the morning to watch her. I was up a couple times that night to give Brooklyn medicine so her temp would go down and by the morning she was completely back to normal.
 photo IMG_20131005_105020_zpsfe369832.jpg
The famous blue turf.
 photo start_zps8c3b238d.jpg
The Start
 photo Thomasfinish_zps73eb37bd.jpg
Pushing hard to the finish.
 photo finish_zps85a42843.jpg
I was trying really hard not to do the head tilt.
 photo sprinttofinish_zpsfdcc9727.jpg
Bringing it in to finish.
Because of the late night interruptions in sleep I wasn't sure if I was going to go all out but decided to go for it.  I wanted to use this run to break my pre-baby PR (24:16 in September 2010) too but just missed it, I finished in 24:23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment