Wednesday, March 19, 2014

St. Patrick's Day 5K 2014

 photo IMG_2167_zpsda3565bf.jpg
At the finish line
This was our second year running this event.  Last year was SO cold! This year was better and we did just fine with short sleeves and gloves.  We decided to bring Brooklyn with us since neither Thomas or myself were going for any kind of personal record.  We had both been hit hard with some kind of horrible sore throat that week and so just decided to stick together.  We had taken Brooklyn with us on a 4 mile run the previous weekend and she had behaved wonderfully so we expected the same.
Well about a mile into the run she started crying and would not tell us why! We tried consoling with a sippy cup and snacks to no avail.  I pushed the jogging stroller til the halfway point after which Thomas took over. Finally with about a half mile to go I told Thomas to go ahead in hopes that he would get to the finish line faster to console Brooklyn.  I felt really bad for the runners next to us who had to listen to her screaming.  Lesson learned! No more bringing baby to races anymore.
 photo lindseyfinish_zpsba00ce6f.jpg
I sprinted at the finish to catch that guy.
 photo thomasandbrooklyn_zps7fc1d39a.jpg
Brooklyn in mid scream
I finished slightly faster than I did last year on this same course (26:21 this year, 26:53 last year) but nowhere near my fastest 5K time.  I'm excited to get back into racing now that the weather is warming up! I have some motivating goals this running season.  I'm going to work to beat my 10K personal record and also train for the Sawtooth Relay in June where I will be running with a team to complete 61 miles (we each run two legs of about 5 miles each). 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Bryce and I are doing a mud run and I can't wait to for summer to come at us! So excited!! Go you!

    ReplyDelete