Tuesday, September 10, 2013

15 1/2 month update

 photo IMG_0937_zpscf479208.jpg
"Um hello Mom I'm naked here!"
Our doctors appointments are a little off so we go on her half month birthdays now haha. Here are her 15 1/2 month stats:
Weight-19.81lbs (26.46 percentile)
Height- 29.5 inches (12.97 percentile)

Our doctor always asks us at each appointment what we enjoy most about Brooklyn at this age.  My response this time was her ability to communicate.  She amazes us every day with what she can say through sign and speech.

The following are signs she uses daily when she wants to communicate something to us: Hot, hat, grapes, dad, mom, swing, bath, all done, more, eat, milk, shoes, please, thank you, book, dog, toothbrush, wash hands, water, baby, time, ice cream, bird, ball, duck(25)

These signs she will mimic when she sees them but hasn't learned to use them spontaneously yet: wind, rain, grass, stop, go, happy, cold, banana, diaper, bird, frog, car.


Here are the actual words that she can say.  For the most part she will say it and sign it at the same time.
Hot, hat, dada, mama, all done, more, shoes, up, dog, no, tickle, happy (she says happy when she wants me to sing "If you're happy and you know it"), baby, ball, go (15).

I am trying to get videos of all the signs to remember.  I am constantly saying to Thomas "isn't she so smart?!".  I know every parent thinks that.  But it is so amazing seeing your child go from a tiny little infant who can't do anything really, to all of the sudden be able to show their little personality and communicate.

Brooklyn still just loves little boys.  We were at the park the other day and there was a little four year old boy that she would just run after and then run from laughing.

She loves real babies and baby dolls and will insist on giving them their bottle/sippy/pacifier until they accept.

Has gone down to one long nap a day and I LOVE it!!! I can't tell you how I have been longing for this day to come.  It's from noon to three every day.  So that gives us plenty of time in the morning to get out and do something and in the afternoon/evening as well.  It also gives me three hours to catch up on housework and do my own thing.

Sleeps from 9pm-8:30am.  HALLELUJAH!!! Remember when she was waking up at 6:30am every day?? I do, and it was rough.  So glad for this schedule.

Loves to swing at the park, be pushed on her trike, play toss with a ball and we just got her a little soccer ball and are teaching her how to kick.  It makes her daddy and I so proud to see her little kicks.

She has her four front upper and lower teeth, two molars up top, and a molar just broke through on the bottom.

Just started sleeping with a blanket at night and naps.  As a newborn she was swaddled and after she grew out of the swaddle never wanted a blanket but now she wants one.  She also likes to be cuddled in the glider with her blanket after she wakes up and read to.

Isn't a fan of just plain veggies but eats lots of fruit.

Wears size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes.

Loves to help.  She'll put her bath toys away when I ask her to when she is done with her bath, puts her diaper in the diaper genie after a diaper change, and will hold the cord of the vacuum for me while I vacuum.

We just love this little girl so darn much! I think I might explode sometimes from all of the cuteness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment