Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beat Coach Pete 5K

Saturday was the Beat Coach Pete 5K scholarship run. For each person that beats the Boise State football coach, he donates five dollars to the scholarship fund for students.
 photo DSCF1334_zpscfddc655.jpg
Representing Team Beef
Thomas and I's plan was to of course beat him but also beat our time at our last 5K.
Little Miss Brooklyn got sick Thursday night and was throwing up every 15 minutes for about 4 hours.  Poor baby! Broke her mama's heart. That was my first (of many I'm sure) time as a mom being thrown up ALL OVER.  Friday she didn't throw up but only had a few bites of applesauce and 6 oz of milk the whole day.  She slept almost all day too.
Saturday morning she was still asleep at 8:30am which is very rare for the girly who likes to get up at 6am most mornings.   I woke her up and gave her about 3 oz of a bottle before she threw it all up over me which required a wardrobe change.
The race started at 9:30am so we discussed our options.  I could stay home with Brooklyn, we could call our babysitter, or we could just take her and hope for the best.  Thomas made the executive decision to take her with us.
Once we got to the start in front of the Student Rec Center she did not want to be in her stroller.  She just wanted to be held by Mama and snuggle.  So I told Thomas he should just go ahead and run and try to beat Pete and I would carry her in the baby carrier and push the empty stroller.
Thomas rocked it and ran the race in 22 minutes! He beat Pete by 6 minutes.  Brooklyn and I made it in 45 minutes.  Brooklyn was just a little cuddle bug the whole way.
The volunteers at this race are very enthusiastic even for the walkers :) And at the end Coach Pete was there to high five us.  He pointed at Brooklyn in her carrier and said "Ahhh!"
I love the sense of community that comes from having a university in our city. 
That night it was my turn to be sick and I was up all night throwing up :( .  Brooklyn has been throwing up every other day so I'm not sure what is going on.  She isn't running a fever and except for the first day her energy and temperament are fine before and after she throws up.  I'm thinking it could be a stomach virus from swallowing yucky water at the pool? 



1 comment:

  1. we had the 'pukes' over here, too. Henry and then me. I'm pretty sure we spread it to our extended family. Luckily it only lasted 24hrs. Good job to your hubby for beating coach pete. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete