Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day 5K

 photo DSCF1207_zpsa7c8f908.jpg

 photo DSCF1208_zpse64bced6.jpg
 photo DSCF1210_zpsa3f69efe.jpg


We had our first race as members of Team Beef.  It was a St. Patrick's day run and there was a kids one mile race (I teared up, watching kids run their little hearts out just makes me emotional), a kilted one mile run, a five mile run, and a 5K.  We ran the 5K together and had a goal to complete it in under 27 minutes. I pushed the jogging stroller the first mile and a half and Thomas pushed the last half.  The course started at Julia Davis Park and did a loop around the park and along the greenbelt.  I loved running together as a family and was very motivated having Thomas right there with me.  We wanted to be the first stroller pushers to finish and we were!! Haha.  For our fitness level right now we are proud of how we have done.  Sometimes it can be discouraging when we compare it to our past fitness levels.  Thomas ran 18 minute 5K's in high school and a couple years ago I was running a half marathon at the same pace we ran this 5K! But we are where we are and we hope to improve as the season goes on.  Here were the results:
Time: 26:53/ 8:40 pace

 photo ThomasandBrooklynrunning_zpsbcc6fcc8.jpg
Thomas is like "No big deal".

Thomas: 8th out of 21 in age division, 42nd out of 133 males, 55th of 404 overall


 photo lindsrunning_zpsd2c4f177.jpg
I was hurting

Lindsey: 4th out 34 in age division, 13th out of 271 females, 54th of 404 overall

 Brooklyn was first in her age division and wasn't even tired afterwards! She led us in our stretches afterwards.


 photo DSCF1213_zps1ac0d24a.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your comments about Brooklyn's stats! ;) AWESOME work! I WISH I could run at an 8:40 pace! GREAT JOB Giles family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute about the stretching! Great job you guys!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still impressed! My best (and only) 5k time was 30 minutes, and that was 5 years and 50 lbs ago. Keep it up, I've been so inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete