Sunday, December 18, 2011

Little Baby Kicks

This weeks was the first time I felt the baby kick! The first time I felt it was one night when I was home alone laying on the couch watching America's Next Top Model on Hulu.  I thought it was a kick but wasn't sure and then it happened again and I had my hand on my stomach and when I felt it again I knew it was.  It made me smile and get a little teary eyed.
This past weekend we went up to McCall and stayed in a cabin with some friends and as we were laying on the couch I felt it again and had Thomas put his hand on my stomach.  I wasn't sure if he'd be able to feel it but I wouldn't even say anything and he would let me know when he would feel it.  He felt two little kicks.  To me they feel kind of like little muscle twitches.  It's amazing that the baby is still so little but it's kicks can be felt.
At our last appointment (17 weeks) it's heartrate was 150bpm and everything was good.  I have been having regular headaches lately but thought it was just from teaching a classroom of first graders.  The doctor said it's pretty common from about 12 weeks-20 weeks for women to get headaches.  The naseau is A LOT better and just hits for a little usually in the morning or at night but I haven't thrown up in 2 weeks :) Thank goodness!
We are getting so excited to find out the gender.  I really have no feeling of the gender one way or another.  Our friends Lyndsey and Dan who we went to McCall with this weekend are due 2 weeks before us and it's been so fun to be experiencing these things together and to be able to share our excitment.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I think the most exciting and 'real' part of pregnancy is when the first few kicks of pregnancy are felt. It starts making everything seem worth it. Wait until you are laying in bed after a long day, and you notice you're belly is bouncing all around. That's my absolute favorite feeling. I'm excited you got to have a good weekend with Thomas. It's sure nice to get away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thrown up in two weeks either! Hooray for baby kicks! The little lady inside of me hasn't stopped kicking for like 4 days straight. What a monkey!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete